If you’re looking for a way to supplement your income, consider delivering groceries and food. If you have a few free hours on the weekends, grocery delivery services can be a lucrative weekend side hustle, and it’s easy to get started. You have options if this sounds like the right side hustles for you. We’ve compiled a list of six on-demand delivery gigs, as well as information on everything from the signup process to potential earnings.
- Deliver with Uber Eats
In some areas, Uber Eats allows you to deliver by car, scooter, bike, or even on foot.
- How Uber Eats works?
Uber Eats was launched in 2014. Uber Eats, like other food delivery apps, connects hungry users with delivery people in a mutually beneficial relationship that fills stomachs and expands wallets.
The requirements vary by delivery option, but to become an Uber Eats driver, you must be at least 18 or 19 years old, have a valid driver’s licence, and be insured if driving a motor vehicle. You’ll need to consent to a screening to get started, but there’s no other training required. You can turn the app on and off as needed to ensure that you always meet your deadlines.
To be paid, you must set up direct deposit to a bank account. Your earnings are deposited automatically every week. Uber Eats also allows you to cash out your earnings up to five times per day using Instant Pay. You may be charged a $0.50 fee per cash out depending on your card.
- How to get started with Uber Eats?
- Complete the online application
- Agree to screening and upload the necessary documents and photos.
- After your account has been activated, you can begin accepting delivery requests.
- How much can Uber Eats make you earn?
Because pay varies by location, Uber Eats does not provide hourly estimates.t Delivery drivers, on the other hand, keep 100% of their tips. Each delivery fee is determined by time, distance, and promotional pay. Uber takes a service fee out of the total.
- Become a DoorDash dasher
If you dislike shopping and want to make people happy while supporting local businesses, consider working as a DoorDash dasher.
- How DoorDash works?
Since 2013, DoorDash has been connecting hungry customers to local restaurants in over 4,000 cities. You’ll be able to work whenever you want as a DoorDash dasher. To accept an order, make deliveries, or schedule future dashes, launch the app. To get started, you must be at least 18 years old, have one year of driving experience, a driver’s licence and insurance, and a smartphone.
- How to get started with DoorDash?
- Complete the online application
- Authorization for a motor vehicle and background check
- Select a driver orientation programme or purchase an activation kit.
- Finish the signup process
- Install the app and get to work.
- How much can you earn with DoorDash?
The amount you earn is determined by your location, delivery time and distance, current promotions, and tips. Before accepting an order, you’ll be able to see your estimated earnings. Each delivery includes base pay, current promotions (such as extra pay during peak periods), and additional tips. You’ll always earn the minimum wage and keep 100% of your tips.
- Become a Postmates delivery driver
In some areas, Postmates allows you to make deliveries by car, scooter, bike, or even on foot. You’ll pick up orders from stores and restaurants and deliver them to customers, just like DoorDash. For each delivery, you keep 100% of your earnings.
- How Postmates works?
Postmates was founded in 2011 and now serves 80% of US households through its fleet of over 500,000 drivers. When you sign up, you may be offered delivery guarantees, which ensure that you will make a minimum amount for a certain number of deliveries. To deliver for Postmates, you must be 18 years old and have an insured vehicle, such as a car or scooter (unless you have a bike in some markets). Also, it’s necessary for one to have a smartphone to be able to pass a background check.
As a Postmates driver, you can set your own schedule, and Postmates will send you delivery jobs whenever you’re online with the Fleet app. Accept the order within the timeframe specified and proceed to the restaurant or retailer. In some cases, the order will be ready to go, but in others, you will need to place an order and pay for it with your automatically loaded Postmates Prepaid Card before making your delivery.
- How to get started with Postmates?
- Submit an online application
- Approve a background check
- Examine the Fleet Agreement
- Include a profile photo.
- Establish direct deposit
- Once you receive your Welcome Kit, activate your Postmates Card.
- Wait for your background check to be cleared before beginning deliveries.
- How much can you earn with Postmates?
Postmates advertisements claim that you can earn up to $25 per hour driving for Postmates, but your actual earnings are dependent on your location when you work, and how much you tip. Postmates drivers are paid weekly via direct deposit, with instant deposit options available as well.
We compared the most popular grocery and food delivery services to assist you in determining the best side hustle for you. We took into account the following criteria:
- Geographic availability: We preferred services that are available across the country.
- Pay: For each company we evaluated, we looked at potential and average pay and favoured companies with a transparent pay structure and easy access to earnings.
- Work schedule flexibility: We only chose companies that allowed employees to set their own schedules.
- Onboarding simplicity: We chose companies that made it simple to sign up and get started.
- Tips: We preferred businesses that allow employees to keep 100% of their tips.
- Benefits: Some food service delivery companies provide special discounts, and we preferred these companies.